Designer Furniture - A brief look at Tabula Rasa's Barcelona Chair and Ottoman
We are huge fans of designer furniture and in particular the Barcelona Chair. It has been around since the 1930s and was originally designed for royalty. It was created to provide seating for the King and Queen of Spain at the Barcelona 1929 World's Fair and it looks just as fantastic now as it has always done!
There are simply hundreds of factories manufacturing this chair, so price is not the only factor to consider. You're not buying like-for-like! Here are the points we have considered to ensure our Barcelona chair is the best available in Malaysia.
- Dimensions of the furniture have to be identical to Knoll.
- We offer the chair in full grain aniline Italian leather and top grain Italian leather. Each chair is upholstered with 40 individual panels which have been cut, hand-welted, and hand-tufted with leather buttons produced from a single cowhide.
- We ensure that the buttons and piping are identical to Knoll.
- The top corners of the back cushion and the front corners of the bottom cushion to be a continuous piece of leather. This is much neater.
- The frame is solid Grade 304 hand polished steel which is 12mm thick - very heavy! The upholstery straps are attached with sturdy aluminium rivets.
- We use a resilient, durable, PU shaped foam that is far superior compared to the ordinary high-elastic sponge. The difference in softness and comfort compared to low end Barcelona chairs is simply staggering.
If you would like to find out more about our Barcelona chair or discuss our other designer chairs, we're happy to help and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us online here.
Tabula Rasa is a furniture business based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia that specialises in high quality reproduction modern designer furniture, lighting and outdoor furniture.